20111004

20111004

ran a 5k and lifted some heavy stuff.

day 24:
turkey berry salad
apple and pb
la paella at oxford gastropub (2/5)
banana and pb (fuck, calories)

read more of "the art of racing in the rain". dude is an asshole, and is deliberately trying to make me cry! there are so many parallels in the story for me. a man and his dog who has to fight for his daughter after losing his wife. it's me. i'm not sure why i chose to buy it on amazon other than happenstance, but clearly it was serendipitous. would it hold as much emotion for other readers? not sure. for me, it just provided crystal clarity on my condition as a single parent, with all the inherent responsibility. and again it made me hate my ex and her family, with their selfishness, rationalizations and ability to ignore reality. here i am, out of town, and it kills me not to be with my daughter. i can't imagine the life my ex lives, separated from her own child for weeks at a time. seriously, what a cunt. although i laughed earlier when i was switching channels and passed "glee" and wondered if somewhere in shitsville, tennessee, if that guy was being forced to watch that show. poor bastard.