20110311

20110311

She tried really hard to ruin me
Brings my child to me, late
Wearing his black metal hoodie
Going to metal shows with him
Because of him, all for him
Years and years I tried
To get her to share herself
To go and see something I liked
But by then she had settled in
Tells me she's wearing earplugs
To the show, and I realize
She's compromising herself
Playing pretend all over again
For a man's affection
And I laugh at her
She is completely diffused
Did she wear it for my benefit?
To get under my skin?
I told her it was amazing
What she'd change about herself
In the early stages
Of a relationship
Told her he was an improvement
Over the bible beater
She was fucking before him
Every word a precision barb
Aimed straight at her heart
A heart she doesn't even have
But it's sad to see her like this
And still she's yet to suffer
Am I over her? Some days, yes
Still I'm waiting for something
I waited patiently for years
For something, anything from her
Now I wait for karma's sting