20110326

20110326

Close your eyes for white noise
Drain the spectrum entirely
Those pesky colors washed away
Blurry sea of forced abstinence
An apex of unborn creativity
Accelerate rebirth into society
Dream of friends you don't have
Friends who can send her away
Pretty friends from a bygone era
You're only young once you know
Pain is the only constant here
The only thing that makes sense
Pain follows your formulas well
Derived from the math upstairs
The rest is is shrouded in fog
Imperfect soup of emotions
The senses enjoy betraying me
Dust settles on every surface
Ticking clock and droning fan
And our dog smells of old people
She tells me this jokingly
My brain colors in the gaps
Indirect insults hit their mark
Petrie dish of unwashed emotion
Mixed according to her specs
She still has such power over me
Why do I continue to live
Under her roof of oppression
Why do I continue to live at all
Dire whimsy at a moment's notice
Bet my whole life on stability
She left because she was bored
Still subject to her doldrums
Might work her magic elsewhere
But I'm doomed to be her victim
Every relationship ends like this
Every friendship ends like this
Every one leads to codependence
The evidence is overwhelming
Three choices: be a punching bag
Be the boxer, or refuse to play
There's always the other choice
Here I am mewling like a child
Still crying at the oddest times
No one's around to see it though
No one gives a fuck where I go
So I might as well just go
Sirens rush to help another
Foolish enough to cry for help
You won't make that mistake
Will you