20110409

20110409

Surrounded by the untouchables
I cling to the teet of company
We sample the board of fare
Act the way you think they do
See heavenly bodies sidle along
Tell yourself you want a piece
Keep polishing that tired shell
Get what you think you deserve
A toned trophy on the mantle
I can fix my body, eventually
Will I ever know what I want
Still feel the acute guilt today
Maybe I can sweat it out
Pride myself on truthfulness
Yet I lie about my faith daily
And my wants and needs
What's *my* agenda?
I lie to myself and others
And why?
To keep the peace?
Do you feel very peaceful?
Now I reread my comments
See the shifts from first person
To second person, and realize
There's more than one me talking
And I'm content with this schism
Turns out I am just a falsehood
Time to run, time to escape
Find beauty in thoughtlessness
Switch your mind off for a bit
Each idea rushing in pricks me
And I'd quiet them all, if I could
That is the truth of who I am.