20110613

20110613

Everything will be alright, you'll see
The common thread was me

You only did what you thought was right
Driving in reverse towards hindsight
Relegated because of a flaw
A shadow dances on madness's maw
Impotent but trying to fix this split
A puzzle wherein none of the pieces fit
Cautious of closeness, growing to see
The common thread was me

Change is such a lonely place
Admit the truth just to save face
All I wanted was to feel a little better
Where lives a debt there lies a debtor
It comes when you least expect
Never courageous never direct
Nothing ever comes for free
The common thread is me

How many words set it off
Which words cost you it all
First one step then the others
With each step, you'll discover
Kindred spirits in shadows joined
Who won't deceive a heart purloined
So cast it off, win some lose some
Go off and build your own martyrdom
I'll be okay, though I'm sad you won't see
The common thread was me