20110626

20110626

i want to write a song using words rhymed solely garnered from misheard lyrics. that one carrie underwood song (yes, i know, i know) with "carved my name into his leather seats" i always hear as "carved my name into his legacy". and i might play off of that. who knows. my songwriting output has slowed considerably lately, and i guess i consider it a problem rather than a curiosity. everything in my life is seemingly progressing at the safest (and slowest) pace. weight loss, creativity, love, etc. are these doldrums? possibly.
---
m is spending the night with my mom tonight, and i am assisting an awesome friend through a move by providing shelter and entertainment. i get a good feeling helping others, which is ironic in that my introversion has angrily stamped out human contact in the past few months like a ground fire. whether or not i am a judgmental prick, i am a good man at heart.