20110620

20110620

what a day.

got kiddo to camp. had some static from her as she wanted to wear an old dress that doesn't fit anymore and i insisted that she wore a shirt and skirt/shorts. her activities this week: botanic garden, swimming, and putt-putt.

work was a mess. i am basically in charge of all user/group provisioning for a huge cloud project, because i stepped up, as usual. my part is fine, but waiting on a database because the one dba with the "knowledge" to install microsoft sql server is on vacation is silly. and they won't allow me to click freaking setup.exe and go.

the real story was this afternoon, as the ex began texting me calling me a "prick" because i asked her to start paying her child support when she got a new job. i calmly explained that the money wasn't for me, it was for our child, and if she wanted we could establish an account in her name instead of mine. she has paid $0 towards m since she moved out in december. that's seven months with absolutely no financial requirement for one's child. and to top it off, she asked me to provide spending money for my kid when her family takes her on vacation over the fourth. how could i have married such a person in the first place. but wait, she changed. a lot. it's so sad. i told my friend every time my dumbfuck ex opens her mouth i get five new songs.

she needed a washed white t-shirt for tie dyeing so we grabbed one after work.

she wanted to watch one show, and we did, but the rest of the evening was devoted to playing with daddy. we put it on one of the music channels and danced, we played tag for probably an hour (although the base mysteriously kept moving around!), we drew pictures together, we had a wrestling/kungfu/karate competition, she wrote a song, we caught fireflies, read books, and she was out.. in her own bed!

she got upset and told me she didn't want to go on vacation with her mom's family. i just held her and comforted as best i could.

we had hot dogs, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes for dinner.

i'm still crying randomly. but with the tears comes resolve. i'm slowly reprogramming myself.