20110624

20110624

Kiddo went to putt-putt yesterday. Picked her up and came home to find that Lego Pirates had arrived for the xbox. And there was much rejoicing. We played about an hour, then had dinner.
We attempted to play baseball, as we had played for a couple of hours the day before, but she lost her temper and I put a stop to the game.
I am trying my best to calm her down a bit, but divorce does this to kids. She screams and yells when things don't go her way; I'm working with her in the only way I know how.
She had timeout after the fit and xbox/baseball were off the table. She played by herself for awhile, but eventually I came and played house with her a sec. We watched a little tv (something on a science channel), caught fireflies, read books and then bed.
She is back in her bed again, against her nightly protests. It's been hard since the divorce but she'll be better off in the long run.
It is so hard being the only parent. I must continuously deal with the reality that my best might not be good enough when it comes to parenting. That my inadequacies translate to other facets of my life doesn't bother me per se; the fact that my daughter might suffer does. A lot.